Hijab Style Spotlight : Scarf Necklace

hofshijab

HIJAB STYLE SPOTLIGHT : SCARF NECKLACE

One of the common questions that Muslim women ask me is “What type of necklaces look good with hijab?” If you’re struggling to figure out how to accessorize your hijab style, or if you just want a unique look, you’ll be happy to know about Lubna Salah and House of Shakti.

Lubna is an amazing jewelry designer out of Beverly Hills, California. She created a gorgeous amethyst bead (tasbeeh) bracelet for me a few months ago, and she has just launched another item that would be great for Muslimahs: The Scarf Necklace.

The Scarf Necklace combines cotton fabric with strands of gemstones to create a circular scarf that takes the guesswork out of accessorizing your hijab. Check out the link below to see more Scarf Necklaces and to see pics of how to wear them… And when you’re done, come back here and leave a comment to let us know what you think!

Link:
[1] Scarf Necklace, $89+.

Lubna Salah

Thank you for this wonderful writeup Kima. My sister is wearing one as a hijab and loves it. She gets stopped all the time and asked about it.

Love your site. Keep up the good work.

Blessings,

Lubna

Mrs Shabazz

Nice, but that price is ridiculous. Nice product, but I’ll make it myself.

Anikka

They’re beautiful. should get one this holiday

im mohammed

I just want to remark on how the hijab is becoming a zeynah and we are forgetting the main concept of hijab which is to distract attention to us instead of attracting attention is this hijab Fatima or sayeda khadija..?

Anonymous

i agree:D but i think that its OK to be a little attractive as long as not too much.
I THINK SO?

Nida

True. But, you know how we muslim females are. The thing is that you can make your hijab look pretty with all these extra accessories, but you should always keep in mind that you have to stay on the concept,/on the topic, and what it is that you are trying to show everyone. Hijabs carry A LOT of responsibility, because you are showing the world who you are. Plus, you want to be modest and NOT be like most Americans who show most of their body parts in clothing. Wearing a hijab also shows that you are not interested in so called “love”, and/or you do not want to so call “mingle” with a male. In my opinion, hijabs show who YOU are, and they show the world that,”Yes, I am Muslim.”, or,”Yes, I want to show modesty and be respectful to my body.”

Samra

I agree with Mrs Shabazz. the prices are really ridiculous. for $89.00 I rather buy a jilbab or tunic. I mean they are beautiful but I definitely wouldn’t spend that much for a little scarf necklace.

Yasriyyah

As salaamu alaaykum
It always seems that a male has to comment on issues of hijab and the women stay quiet this item is clearly an adorement something to be worn around mahram men and women only. We have to stop trying to fashionize everything as we will end up following our own desires and the way of disbelivers. I understand this is a fashion blog but distinction should be made on things worn outside house so not to make clear beautifying ones self a practice amongst other than the prescribed ppl surah 24:31. Also this item is overly price are we here to oppress one another w wanting unnecessary things. May Allah help and guide the Muslims to his way ameen
Wa salaam

Aman

its kind of expensive for what it is and i think it would look kind of puffy if you wore it with a hijab

renita burwell

Just fold your regular necklaces in half and attach each end with a pin to the ends of your scarf.

Um Anais

Hi Everyone…after owning one myself and other Hijabs..I will say something. attacking a necklace to a scarf is simply tacky…and puffy it is not. And These are made by a Palestinian Muslim woman that it honors me to support…Handmade, and semi-precious gemstones …..

and if you could make it by yourself…then go ahead and do it and let us know how that turned out….there is an art to everyone personal creation. Support rather then copycat and find your own calling. This type of attitude and unsupportive quality is the demise of the Muslim nations and sisterhood. Makes me sick…expensive is the polyester jilabiyas they use cheap labour to make and sell for an arm and a leg .

and honestly fashion is an expression..God made this world colorful and gave us creativity and a mind…stop taking something beautiful and breaking it apart..

May Allah grant you all a different perspective..and stop bashing this hard working women’s work.

NaNa

Um Anais I don’t think anybody is attacking or bashing the designer but the fact that the scarfs are waaaaaaaaaaaay over-priced is an understatement. That’s the reason I never buy designer clothes because they over-price most of their products. “This type of attitude and unsupportive quality is the demise of the Muslim nations and sisterhood.” I don’t think you are being fair to the sisters that commented and expressed their thoughts. There is no denying that the scarfs are beautiful but it doesn’t change the fact that they are still over-priced. Good for you that you are honored to support her because you either are related to her or met her, it still doesn’t know the asking price.

And taking an idea and incorporating it into your own style in my opinion is going to be much cheaper than the asking prices of these scarfs that look like someone rolled a necklace around them. If you can’t afford the asking prices than making it yourself is being creative. People have been doing it for years.

What does the scarfs being made by a Palestinian Muslim have to do anything– Are you saying that just because the designer is a Muslim and from Palestinian I should pay $89 for a piece of scarf which costs $5 that has a necklace attached to it..I don’t think Soooo….

Asma

I was more bugged by the necklaces being named after pagan goddesses, and the stones being selected for they’re supposed magical properties. We should stay away from all of these things.

perrie tiu

the scarfs are so beautiful!!..is there any stores here in paris where i can buy one ?

Lubna Salah

Hello Perrie,

As of now we do not have retailers in Paris however we do ship worldwide. You can order direct through the website or let me know if there is any way I can help you.

Blessings,

Lubna

yiyin

ohhh..thanks for this pict, now i know what to do with my old scarf

NOOSHREEN

I AM VERY PROUD OF THE DESIGNER. EXCELLENT JOB!..
BLISSFULLY HAPPY WITH THE HIJAB.

Fayrouz

They’re not necessarily bad-looking, but the price is really unreasonable, and these necklaces need a specific outfit and season. I don’t think they’d look all that great in winter, but they’d look nice in the summer with something light, breezy, and colorful. I can easily picture a summery outfit. But the price is just outrageous…if it was $5, sure…$10, maybe…$89, heck no!

Anonymous

If I may replace the word ‘ludicrous’ with ‘repulsive,’ because that is exactly what I’m feeling right now & what motivated me to spend time writing that opinion.

Also, I want to emphasize that when I say ‘I’ve seen jewerly’ I’m not talking about some anomaly here and there which was cheaper but rather a ton of more unique, intricate, time consuming & thought involved real pieces of art out there for a fraction of the prices of these pieces.

I’m glad there’s still some sane women in the Muslim world whose comments seem to realize that there is an unreasonable limit which can be crossed in consumerism & our quest for an attractive hijab.

mumtaza

I think they’re nice, but way too expensive. Add to that these are cloth. Dry cleaning bill!! Amrita singh and others make scarves like these. They can be bought on sale. I’ve got some beautiful, gold-plated ones I got for$14.

soumayyah

its tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

?Nida?

Gorgeous! This is just, amazing! I want some of these. ^-^ Thank you Lubna! Stunning! ?