How To Wear Hijab Styles : Dupatta Hijab Style Video Tutorial

FEATURED HIJAB STYLES TUTORIAL : HOW TO WRAP A DUPATTA (AROUND YOUR HEAD)

Hijab Style Tutorial By: caramelle47

A young sister from India wrote me about the fact that there are no Islamic clothing stores in her area where she can buy hijabs from. And she wanted to know if there were any hijab styles that she could create using dupattas. A dupatta is a large shawl (rectangular fabric) that typically comes as a part of a shalwar kameez suit. Usually, a dupatta is wrapped loosely around the head and/or shoulders, but in the video above, Caramelle47 shows you how to create a secure hijab style with it.

BTW… If you’re looking for more coverage or if you like really fancy hijabs, you may want to check out dupattas at your local South Asian clothing store. Or you could try googling “dupattas”. Be sure to let me know what you think of the video. [And please, no bashing, the sister obviously knows that she doesn't have on a hijab in the beginning/end of the video. That's between her and Allah, but if you feel the need to "advise" her, do so gently as Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would've done in his time... Thanks ladies! :-)]

To view more hijab style videos, click here to visit the 150 How To Wear Hijab Styles page!

Pari

Assalam Alekum,
I belong to pakistan where salwar qameez is traditional dressing. usualy we wear dupatta loosely, but at public places there is a need for a proper hijab. and the way sister tells, dupatta can very well be used as a hijab.
I personally like to veil when outside, hence I have to take a hijab along with dupatta over my salwar qamees suit, and it becomes a liitle bit difficult to carry on with all that stuff.. so I need some guidance if there is a way to veil with dupatta without using extra stuff like hijab..!?? please any sister can help me, I would be thankful. Jazak Allah

queen sheba

A straight forward video, informative on how to wear a dupatta as beautiful as the one displayed. This multi-purpose scarf is one of my favorites because of beauty and size.

Anonymous

Salam :) Check out my blog :) Thanks!

Anonymous

great job done , tx (jazakAllah)

Zeba

Assalaamu Alaykum sisters,

This is a great video! I love how you put on the dupatta, I wear hijab and I never thought of using my dupatta’s like that!!! Amazing job. You can buy proper hijab pins at stores, even online, the ones that prevents any type of hijab fabrics getting caught in the holes. They usually have plastic covering that keeps it from getting caught. Also, I think the sister that made this video is gorgeous Masha’ALlah and you look even more beautiful wearing a hijab!!! THanks for the video!!!!

Mas Salaama,
Zeba

Sara

OMG! now i can use all those salwar kamees i never wore cuz i dont have matching hijabs. lol. Also on a side note the sister showing the demonstration is pretty masha Allah and she is even more beautiful wearing the hijab!!

huzainah

Salam,

I suggest going to a cloth store where you can but them in meters. Get a few of cotton or silk ones. Ask a tailor to cut them up into oblong or rectangular shapes and sew the edges. i sometimes do this and can get in colors and patterns i like.

maisoon

hi..
that was a very nice and simple video.. m an indian doctor and i wear separate hijab along wit salwar kameez.. m wondering if anyone can suggest a style in which i dont have to actually unpin and unloosen the hijab while using stethoscope…

Anonymous

I think the extreme hajab is like women who ware Burkahs . It hides you eyes and that is one way i can understand if they are good or bad.They say eyes are the windows to the soul.

SHERIN PARVEEN.M

ASSALAMUALAIKUM…………. I AM DOING MY UG COURSE USUALLY I USE TO WRAP SHALL ON MY HEAD ITSNOT COMFORTABLE FOR ME .NOW BY WATCHING THIS WRAPPING HIJAB IN DUPATTA IT S VERY USEFUL AND IT MAKES ME COMFORTABLE THANKS!!!!!!!!!

SHERIN PARVEEN.M

SHERIN.
INDIA

Damali

I’m 17 and I have been muslim for almost 5 years and I am not a hijabi yet but I really like this video and I honestly do think that the sister in this video looks masha Allah very beautiful and even more beautiful with the hijab on :)

Umm Ousman

salams sister,

where can we buy dupattas alone online. i’ve been searching but they’re only sold with sharwar kameez. would appreciate any assistance…shukran

Maryam Hajar

Salaams,
@caramelle47: I read your comment on YOUTUBE, that you don’t wear hijab…you look soooooooooooo gorgeous with it on. What made you change your mind about wearing it? just wondering… I have followed your informational and great videos on YOUTUBE for some time, and am curious.
Maryam

Shelle

Good Evening Ladies,

I’m not a believer, but must say that the ladies I see dressed modestly look great! I think it is very refreshing. So keep up the nice work.

Take care all!

riotersbloc

Wow, the girl in the video is sooooo cute mashaAllah! :)

Farah

Nice video…you look much prettier with the dupatta.

Hiba

i really appreciate this video of yours and im definitely goin to try wearin the dupatta ur way !!!

tina ray

the world can see her hair at the start of the vid, anything wrong with it?

florence

Here in the USA , muslims are very laid back in regards to how they dress. You have to be very careful here to not offend someone when walking up to someone you don’t know and how you address them. There are people in the corporate world, everywhere in fact, who are muslim and do not dress it.
My father is muslim, he and my mom are not together, I was raised with my mom in a christian household but am now starting on my journey of embracing my fathers heritage. I don’t have my father to teach me how to wear a hijab so that is why I am posting now. I found this video very very informative. I find something new that I learn about Islam everyday. I just wish that my father could be here to help me.
Thank you for posting this video and I hope to find many more like it. I loved the dupatta! I have always loved everything about the arabian culture (because of my father)… I’m sorry I’m being a downer.. I just really miss him.
Anyone.. I’m buying my 1st hijab next week and I found a Qu’ran at Barnes and Nobles that I’m getting next week too. I’m very excited!

Sarah

excellent. simple and sleek way to use dupatta with a such a heavy material. Being in UK, and just starting the job, I have started wearing hijab and i find it very helpful in even keeping my head warm when its so cold out there.

For those, who can get those scarf pins or want to use simple safety pins on hand, as I do most of the times, you can use two beads with a safety pin. put one bead through the pin before you get it on any fabric, and put through the second one after the fabric.

In this way, it wont get caught in the fabric.

feshta ismail

just i wanted to say thanks alot that was very use full clip.

karina

salam alaykum
very good idea to use dupatta as a hijab …there is so many lovely dupatta in the shops where i live but I never thought u could use one as a hidzab…

shasta

well iam was raised as a christian women but ive meet a muslim guy an been dating him for bout a year an now he wants me to wrap up but i dnt knw how to wear dem wat to wear dem wit really dnt knw anything about it is dere any info anyone can suggest wat i can read to undastand wat da jab is really about

Anonymous

yeah, dump the guy quick

Al-Syafa

Salam, caramelle47 you look sweet, nice video, great effort…check out my blog, you might loves some of our collections of hijab & shawl!

Al-Syafa

salam, caramelle47 you look sweet, great effort..check out our blog for nice shawl and hijab!

burhan

muslimah wear…I am proud if you see as the needs of Muslim clothing, let alone future trends against western clothes are always open his private parts

muslimblog

Thank you for posting this video, where can we buy this kind of dupattas alone online. I am very eager to wear Duppta in Hijab style.

zahra

@ umm usman- you can buy them at any store where they sell pakistani clothes. they sell seperate dupatta’s as well, but if not then you can go to fabric stores (preferably pakistani as well, if you want them to have the “pakistani” look) and buy some fabric and make your own! :) hope i helped.

PS i dont think dupatta’s are avalaible for purchase online but i’ll let you know if i find a website that sells them

saira

it is really good style of taking dupata

muskaan sharif

omg a great job thank u sis,im from india,in my area i didnt find nice hijabs,i wondering from long time how they wear like this new tricks,and i also want to know the cap of hijab,it ready mades or can strich i want to know i find a lot hear i cant seen those thing,bye the way loose so beautifull in that dupatta hijab.

muskaan sharif

i want to bye hijabs and hijabs pin online in india anyone can tell on how plzzzz as im from tamilnadu im not finding those things hear

Nancy E Biddle

I have been married to a Pakistani fellow four four years. He of course got me into wearing the Pakistani shalwar kamese style outfits. I love the convenience of the top and pants but nearly scream trying to keep the sheet (I call it a sheet) on my head so I just use a matching colour square scarf or Princess two piece. Thank you for demonstrating this and all the tips about the best pins to use. Actually, I thought that, all this time, the sheet was called a “Battah” ecause that is what I hear when anyone says it. You have wound up clearing up the name of it for me too, dupatta! May be now my searches will bring up more relevant pages then how to wear the battah ever did! LOL. Really. Thanks.

Anonymous

any other style

sonia

its realy nice

sitara

Dupatta, Chuni, Orhni; different words for scarf or stole basically meant for hijab, purdah. Also women, of any ethnic part, wear it to enhance her beauty and for stylish look, even it is worn as beach wrap too. Sitara Home and Fashion have large collection, developed by famous well known designers, beautiful veil hijab dupattas scarves stoles in chiffon georgette, silk and cotton mulmul in traditional tie dye (chunri/bandhni) patterns are good for every day wear as well as evening parties and functions.

adeen

thanks.for that hijab.

Anonymous

@shasta: I hope you the best in your search. The Hijab as I understand it is an Arabic word meaning barrier. It’s about protecting the female body from the lustful gazes and the envious gazes of others. It is also a way for women to not have to be judged as mere objects and be addressed as human beings by others, because if one coveres all the things people usually stare at, others are forced to look at your face and eyes and come to really know you by your speech, thought and personality. At the same time, wearing the Hijab is about showing modesty and not inviting people to compare women with other women, instead seeing them as one: sisters. The Hijab seems to also be about showing your love and devotion not to the cares of this world, but of the one hereafter, and God (Allah).
But Allah’alam. I’m no scholar, but this is what I gathered from research so far.

sheree

ty very nice

Anonymous

For the record, she looks more beautiful WITHOUT the dupatta on. She is beautiful and does not need to be covered up. Thanks for the lovely video, It was very interesting. I was curious to know the correct way to pronounce dupatta. As for me, I do not cover up my head with these beautiful textiles. I drape them across furniture, make curtains, etc. They are very beautiful.

Ansari muqaddas

pls send me how to wear duppata on hijab.thank u

mahavir sinh

i like this

sumayya

I like it

kathu

i had bued thanks salam alaikum

Anonymous

this is very helpful i like it