Hot Hijab Style

Post image for Hot Hijab Style

While most of us won’t be shopping for bikinis (at least not to wear to the beach anyway), we can still head to the swimsuit section for other reasons – swimsuit coverups. When it comes to summer hijab fashion, swimsuit coverups can be a hijabi’s best friend. Many of them come in the form of long-sleeved tunics that Muslim women can wear comfortably all summer long.

The tunics pictured above are my favorite style so far. They are very long, very lightweight, and the elastic under the bust-line on these tops gives them a subtle a-line shape that dresses them up just a bit.

The only downside to these tunics is that they have a VERY deep-V neckline. But, you can wear a tank top under them or you can style your hijab in such a way that your cleavage will be hidden (just be sure to use a pin or two to attach your hijab to the front of your shirt).

You can pick up these tunics at Sears, Amazon and LandsEnd.com.

What is your favorite thing about Hijab-Style Summer Fashion?

Links:
1. Giraffe Print Cotton Lawn Tunic Dress Cover-up ($69.50) 2. Cotton Lawn Tunic Dress Cover-up – Brown, Black + Cream. ($59.50)

ammena

nice, hijab style summer fashion?? hmm.. although I havent gotten into it (money and fashion) the maxi dresses are amazing masha’allah

badhijabday

i agree ammena, these are nice! my fave for hijab-style-summer-fashion are long skirts. they are the best when it’s hot outside!

AsianPranksta

Love ‘em..
you can also pin it up in a way it covers the whole front, or if you’re good with threads and needles, you can kinda stitch it up. That way, you wouldn’t need to adjust it, worry about it, or deal with it every time you wanna wear one of those cover-ups :)

Iqra

I love they colors and patterns. Very expensive, THOUGH. mAYBE THEY ARE CHEAPER AT THE STORE :)

Ayan

Alhamdulillah your back sister! :)

This is such a great idea!
I love wearing tunics in the summer, I just hope there are modest ones in store.

Leslie

Do any of you go swimming in a muslim style swimsuit? I do, but many muslimahs complain that they “cannot” swim even though they want to. I tell them to stop complaining and buy an islamically-appropriate swim suit and go out and enjoy the pool!!!

Hanan

Leslie how does ur swimsuit look like?? I was going to ask the owner on this page to post a photo or a recomondation.. I do not live in a muslim country nor in the states .. and muslims are rare to find svimming here. But i love the pool and the sea, and I dont want the hijab to stop me =( Any1?? Help :P??

sarah

try http://www.ahiida.com – so cute! very stylish and comfortable, easy to wear.

They are a little pricey but well worth it – high quality, and less than one month gym membership!

Naeemah

Salams sisters. Just a tip-I got a swim suit cover up at Target for 25$. It wasn’t long sleeves though, it was more like a tunic-tank.:) I wear it with a long sleeve tee underneath and jeans. It’s super long too:D

AK

Salams! That’s so funny that you posted this today Kima! I just came back from Kohls, and they had a few of the cover ups on sale, some for even $16! They had different styles, but the ones I remember were 3/4 sleeve button down shirts. They didn’t even look like cover ups!!!

AK

Oh, and they had a LOT of long dresses on sale for $25! Happy shopping girls!!!

Umm Salihah

Assalam-alaikam,
very nice tunics, points for being so easy to wear and a lovely shape.
It’s a great tip sister Kima, I also find that cotton or non-slippery type beach sarongs can make great hijab’s.

libiya

Assalamualaikum
I love the girrafe pattern!!!
there r lots of cover ups at target for cheap. with many styles

About the swimmin problem there are these swimsuits which are for hijabis which is made by the egyptions I have a friend from egypt she has one.
and another one is to wear those surfing or scuba diving suits.
also in the US if there is an islamic center near u then sometimes they resverve once a week at a nearby pool for only woman and children can swim those are fun cuz u find ur friends and other hijabs.
Also i have seen hijabis go in water with there jilbab and all.
Salamz

nina

the giraffe print is my favorite!! this site is great! Cheers! Oh favorite thing about hijab style for summer is maxi dresses!

ak

I was always interested in getting a cover up to use as a tunic, but thought “noooo, that might be weird looking”. But I guess you can’t tell in the end if it’s a tunic or a cover up, and I’m sure they’ll be super cheap at the end of summer!
Good idea :-)
p.s. i love the maxi dresses this summer!

nora k.

those tunics are beautiful and for those of you who loved the giraffe print especially, NY&Co sells a very similar printed long-sleeved tunic (also in other colors and lightweight) for only $15!

browse/product_detail_with_
picker.jsp?productId=prod450013&
parentId=cat60042&subcatId=cat350012

^The sleeves unfold to full length sleeves! For some reason the giraffe print look alike is not available on the website but if you are able to go to the store, it should be there! Also, if you prefer to buy it online, they do not run big nor small, so buy whatever size you buy for any other shirt.

I hope that was helpful inshAllah :)

Nora K.

aisha

It’s a favorite hobby of mine to search for modest swim wear. I love splash gear, ahiida registered trademark Burquini and the cheaper pseudo burquini from the Philippines. After amassing a number of links I found the ultimate link with all my favorite styles.
From the US- Splash Gear and Prima Moda
Canada- Canadian Muslim
Bodykini is super cute too.
Someday I’d love to do a modest swim wear post on my blog, Insha’Allah.
Peace~Sallam,
aisha

aisha

ooops, here’s the link to the web page with info from the formerly mentioned rockin swim spots

Staci Asif

Most Islamic swimsuits are too pricey to afford. Here is a site that brings that price down and offers more patterns and plains to boot. http://www.rubyzent.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5

Amnah

Ooooh Oooh Oooh!!!! I have to have the giraffe print one!!! LOVE IT!

I got a cover up to wear when I was on vacation in Palestine this spring. It was the perfect thing to wear during the heat wave out there.

Summer

Salam! Just found your blog and I think this is awesome! You have a really cool sense of fashion yet it is very modest =). I also used swim suit cover ups as shirts. I think they’re perfect for summer because usually they are very light weight in material. I hope you don’t mind, I am adding you to my blog roll.

Saarah

I’m confused. How does an Islamic swimsuit work?

I mean, it may cover everything, but that won’t matter in the end. As soon as you step out of the pool, the fabric of the swimsuit sticks to your body, revealing basically everything.

Can someone tell me how to avoid this problem? I’ve never swam in the ocean (for that very reason), but I’d love to change that!

J.

I thought we weren’t allowed to post links??

rahma

I have a suit from splashgear usa that is absolutely fabulous. When you step out of the pool, simply tug the bottom of the shirt and it unsticks right away. Walk a bit and the pants dry and puff out. I believe there’s a demonstration on the website (google splashgear to get there, if we’re not allowed to post links).

Renee

I just bought my first “swimsuit coverup tunic” thanks to you.

What a great idea mashallah!

Khalisa

Ooooh I like! Any colorful ones available anywhere? Basic black is nice of course but I’ve been looking for a nice long tunic with bold print for a while now.

sara

They also have some colorful ones at walmart which are sheer, but would go great with a long white or black tee underneath.

badhijabday

I’ve posted links b4 and they don’t show up. Just a fluke I guess that we see them on here sometimes, J.

maya

assalamualaikum
we’re moslem from indonesia already wear moslem swimwear. we’re really greatfull 4 that, n now we can swim any time n anywhere.
if u like 2 c, try looking trough seach engine w key word ‘baju renang muslim’ (moslem swimwear) or if u like 2 c moslem clothing try ‘baju muslim’. hope this can be usefull.

Alixianna

Another long sleeved summer tip is lingerie and sleepwear stores: they often stock the lightest weight long sleeve tees imagineable, so soft, and not hot at all, if you want to layer and can’t seem to find anything on the racks that makes it past the elbow without having you in sweating fits. Jacobs here in Canada has amazing tees in their sleepwear/lingerie section. They are about all I can find to layer under maxis in the summer.

Marmoora

Salam :)
Kima–I love the giraffe one too.
Regarding bathing suits– I have the one from rubyzent.com. They are nice but if you want it loose I’d order the next size up.
I wore it at the YMCA–the lifeguards stared at me but seemed content (it is obviously a swimsuit and not street wear). Overall it’s comfortable knowing that you’re wearing a bathing suit–even if its an Islamic one lool..
I also like the maxi dresses for the summer.. I’d imagine a maxi dress with sleeves would be even better (fewer layers to worry about in the hot weather)–right?
Marmoora

eyes-serene

“I tell them to stop complaining and buy an islamically-appropriate swim suit”

Assalamu alaikom,
Not everybody can afford it.

Waiting for end of season (which, around these parts, means a month into a season!) is a good investment for the following year. I found a great swimsuit cover-up at JC Penny (ANA brand) for $7. It’s even A-line and extra long. I don’t care if anyone knows I’m wearing a swimsuit cover-up. When it’s extremely humid and hot, I don’t care about much of anything, I’m too busy melting. LOL.

My favorite summer fashion is the broomstick-type skirts. Going to jummah on Friday was such a colorful and sparkling event because of all those skirts.

Peggy

As Salaamu Alaikum,
You are so right Stacy. rubyzent.com is really not expensive at all. I plan to buy my very first Islamic swimsuit them in the next few days. I like their colors and choices in patterns. Very good site. Oh, and thank you Sis Marmoora for the advice on ordering the right size. Later! Wasalaam

Renee

Salaam:
I am glad I am not the only one putting beach sarongs on my head!!!!

If its cotton and has fringe, I love it!

Thanks again for the great site.

Bluemoon

I’m consufed where are do you sister live? you all talk about shops which I’ve never heard of

Bluemoon

salam Khalisa You can go onto this website they have lovely tunics im sure you will love it. http://www.promod.co.uk/
eventhough this store is not in the UK and Netherlands i cannot buy stuff online since bank cards ar haraam to use!!. There is 46 countries i think that has this store so is you live in one of them you are lucky. Excuse my english :( the other post i submited straight away without realising that i made some mistakes.

Saira

I have been wearing a swimsuit under my long sleeved shirts and long pants for years!! If you cant afford a muslimah swim suit this usually work just fine. If you are worried about it sticking to your body after just take wrap a large towel for a few minutes before you dry out!

Saira

I just thought of something. For those ladies who can sew, you could always sew your own swim wear out of whatever fabric and pattern you like.

Adilah S. Muhammad

If you’re really looking for a way to make a statement beachside, try going seprate- that is fitness separates. I found that the perfect alternative to the Burkini is pairing biking or workout pants with a coordinated long-sleeve lycra top. With all the sleeveless coverups on the market, you have the perfect topper for the “flapper chic” look. I usually use an extra long yet lightweight shayla done up in a cute back bun and neck wrap to top it all off. Throw on a pair of oversized shades and you’ll look like you’ve just stepped of the Catwalk. Athleta.com usually has a great variarty of beach dresses if you can’t find knee-length coverups.

ahsya

salam,
yes, these are only a few of the styles available. very recently I bought a button-down white swim-coverup for use as a shirt, and its very light and long. many have beautiful embroidery and sequins on them, for very hardly any money, an since summer is ending theyre going on sale too!
great site, jazakullah

Anonymous

I buy my tunics on ebay……. prices are ggggreat. Just got a gorgeous INC tunic for $30 retails for more than double :) Now I just have to find a hijab to match

susu

i finally figured out how to wear a bathing suit while still wearing the hijab. i am i hijabi and i do this all the time. first u need to go out and buy a “tankini”. they are like a one-piece bathing suit but the top and bottom are seperated. i perfer that you just buy the top part if its available seperately. you need to wear a long sleved shirt underneath the tankini top. then u wear leggings and a cute short mini skirt on top. the mini skirt has to be made of the same material as the bathing suit…they are kinda hard to find though lol.
this style i think only works for teenagers…..not older women, srry;)

Laylah

@ Susu: I do something very similar. I get one of those “swim dresses” which is basically a one piece swim suit with a skirt looking thing on the bottom. Then I wear one of those long sleeve athletic shirts(the material is somewhat swimsuit-like; I got it at Sports Authority) and wear it underneath, along with a pair of full length running tights. It’s tighter than what I would prefer, but it’s much easier to find and more economical than ordering one of those really expensive Ahida Burqini things online lol.
I agree, it’s not really for older women, but I’m only 15 so it’s fine.

Laylah

OMG IT’S BEEN MONTHS SINCE WELOVEHIJAB HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!! IS OUR HOST OK????!!!! I’M KINDA FREAKING OUT D:

hoda

hi i am living in iran..although here is a islamic country ,i cant find any of this products .can u help me how can i find or buy them?
tnx a million

Bayan

Huh, I’ve noticed that many Islamic swimsuits are more like a shirt, tight neck with cap and leggings. I wear something which looks more like a long loose shirt with a tighter normal swimsuit underneath, and pantaloons (it’s one piece) with a sporty one piece hijab. Fine normally, but I’m annoyed because I’ve decided to cover my feet, and this definitely makes problems, as well as deciding to embrace jilbab as soon as possible, which means that I have to wear an ‘overgarment’. I’m going to participate at the pool, but at a women’s private time (it’s like, you know, 3 to 5 wednesdays and Thursdays or something) so that these problems disappear. In the ocean, I’m going to wear the swimsuit underneath a jilbab and take the jilbab and socks off underwater!
Sighhhh…hijabi problems. ARGH.
Hoda, maybe if you go on vacation you can get them from Egypt or somewhere?

sonny imam santoso

salam,
i would like to introduce my self, my name is sony, i owned garment manufacture specialized in muslimah swimswear.
i would like to offer you to produce your swimsuit design.
please inform me if you are interested

thanks
sonny

Umjal

I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT SONNY AS I HAVE DESIGN THAT IS READY FOR DISTRUTION. MY EMAIL ADDRESS MAY BE FORWARDED TO HIM. I AM AN AMERICAN MUSLIMAH LIVING AND WORKING IN SAUDI ARABIA. THANK YOU

Umjal

FOR BLUEMOON, YOU CAN PURCHASE A PREPAID CREDIT /DEBIT MASTERCARD OR VISA OR A GIFT CARD AND PURCHASE ON LINE. ITS EASY AND NOT HARAAM AS THERE IS NO INTEREST INVOLVED AND THE MONEY IS YOURS. THEY ARE ALSO REFILLABLE SO YOU CAN ADD MORE MONEY TO THE CARD AT YOUR CONVENIENCE.